Staying Steady is an initiative that provides exercise classes for older people in North Somerset.
We all know the importance as we grow older of maintaining and improving our flexibility and mobility. There are many benefits of attending these classes including:
- increase your range of movements
- help prevent thickening of your arteries
- reduce the risk of injuries, muscle pain and cramps
- maintain your levels of energy and vitality to enjoy later life to the full
- great way of mixing with other people and meeting new friends
Please come and join us where a warm welcome awaits you.
One class participant commented, “I can now walk anywhere, manage steps, stairs and dance. I recommend it to everyone.”
All sessions are delivered by qualified instructors who have experience of working with older people. The exercises can assist with improving flexibility, co-ordination, strength and balance.
Please note that not all of the classes in the following list are run by Age UK Somerset. Please use the details provided to contact the instructor before attending to make sure the group is meeting on that day.
For further information contact our North Somerset Ageing Well Manager Nikki Smith on the details below.